Friday, January 24, 2014

August's Picks

I got this one the same time I got The Blood Detective.  I didn't enjoy it as much.  There were some tough issues in here, but ultimately love wins out which made me happy.

Noe got this one on the same library outing and after she read it, she made me.  I'm so glad she did!  It was a darling retelling of The Princess and the Pea.
 
I enjoyed the Inkheart trilogy and The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke, so I thought I would try this one.  It was written for a younger audience and I didn't enjoy it much.
 
I got this one to read to Kaleb and Noe.  I enjoyed reading to them each evening, but the story was again too young for me.

While I was getting the Funke books from the library, I came across the Fusco books and really enjoyed them!

This was my favorite of the 3.

This was my least favorite of the 3, but it is still an enjoyable read!

No comments: